Position Description: LINUX Developer Engineer
Job Location: Manassas, VA
LINUX Developer Engineer Job Description:
The Linux Developer will develop, enhance and maintain efficient Linux code for complex military systems and subsystems. This position will require the ability to partner with various team members to collaboratively solve deficiencies in the system, assess risks and to provide solutions in accordance with security standards.
- Performs LINUX programming tasks for the development of complex military and space systems.
- Installs newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Isolates the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems.
- Tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
LINUX Developer Engineer Required Tasks:
- Develops LINUX code and custom software to support software and hardware operability.
- Creates LINUX scripts in support of software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Provides support for troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and isolates problems found during testing in a Linux environment and creates detailed bug reports.
Highly Desired Skills for LINUX Developer Engineer:
- Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment.
- Experience at the Linux command line.
- Experience interfacing to RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Sinatra (Ruby).
- Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing.
Additional requirements for LINUX Developer Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift when required.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Key Words: Linux RESTful APIs, JSON, XML, Ruby,C++, Java, object oriented programming, Jenkins, Git
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.