Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Review technical documentation and document detailed test plans and test cases as per requirements
* Apply sound quality management methods, tools and techniques to support defect-free software applications for the web, mobile and desktop environments
* Apply test expertise and experience to conduct negative/ exception tests , smoke, integration, regression , and system tests to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the application works as expected
* Ensure application complies with accessibility and Section 508 standards
* Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
* Develop, evaluate and execute manual or automated test cases/strategies and report test results
* Log bugs, defects, and additional tasks into an authorized tracking system and track the resolution of these items
* Help determine root cause of identified issues, by coordinating with the development team.
* Develop and maintain artifacts like the test plans, test data, testing reports and automated scripts
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Provide reports on the quality of the application(s) at the completion of each testing phase, and for the overall development process
* Bachelor's degree in Science or equivalent with 5-1O years of testing experience
* Experience with Agile and iterative project life cycles
* In depth knowledge of QC/QA processes and artifacts based on full understanding of SDLC
* Ability to write to test plans and test cases
* Be hands on in testing accessibility compliancy and section 508
* Experience with agile project and test management tools such as Jira and Zephyr
* Skill and comfort with written and oral communication
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is required.
* ====ship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
* Experience with accessib ility testing tools such as JAWS, Commonlook and similar tools
* Exp erience with test aut omat ion frameworks and tools like Selenium Webdriver, Protractor
* Experience balancing multiple responsibilties and responding to multiple sources
Experience working with databases
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.