SAIC is seeking a mid-level System Administrator (focus in Network Administration) who is experienced with Cisco and Juniper network equipment (i.e. routers, switches, firewalls) to join a newly formed Operations and Maintenance Team. The candidate must be able to support a second shift schedule, 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) from 1200 - 2000 or 1300 - 2200, as well as occasional off-hours support
(8 hour shifts within those time frames).
The System Administrator will be responsible for proactively monitoring network devices, services, and servers ; collection and review of network data ; interacting with vendors (to include service providers) ; and providing end user support and resolutions. The candidate should be able to create and maintain detailed network documentation for configuration management ; to read, create, and maintain detailed documentation ; be willing to partake in group collaboration and project planning ; and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organization. Qualifications
- 3-5 years of system administration/network administration experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Networking, Information Technology, or closely related field, or 8+ years equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Cisco and Juniper networking equipment, focused on maintenance and upgrades
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with OSI model and a focus on both Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, such as VLANs, port security, 802.1Q, IP subnets and routing, including VRF and BGP
- 2+ years of experience with network security, using IPSEC and OpenVPN tunneling, along with maintaining Access Control Lists and zone based firewalls
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with creating, updating, and executing basic scripting (batch, PowerShell, BASH, Python)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with network monitoring tools (Whatsup Gold, Solarwinds, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in network administration focused on operational/mission-specific networks
- Cisco (CCNA-Security or any other CCNA)
- Juniper (JNCIA-SEC or any other JNCIA)
- AWS Solutions Architect
My SAIC Benefits.