Job ID: 2117415 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
Join a winning team! SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a Data Management Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting data analysis to support Authoritative Sources of Truth (ASOT) determination, data discovery, and source authentication
- Supporting data modeling to resolve and inform data structure normalization across the enterprise
- Facilitating data management to harmonize, standardize, synchronize engineering and technical data
- Conducting data meta model assessments
- Develop scripts to analyze, verify and validate data meta-models for accuracy and compliance
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, Federal Funded Research Centers (FFRDC), external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Providing feedback for updates to methodologies, ontologies, meta-models, best practices, and quality management processes
- Supporting efforts involving Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Generating reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with positively adjudicated polygraph
- Familiarity with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Familiarity with systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operation, interface control documents, verification/validation, and test
- Understanding of fundamental data elements and application to architecture or system design
- Experience developing and using Data Management Methodologies and Ontologies
- Understanding of customization of Meta-Models
- Understanding of data management best practices and quality management processes
- Experience developing structure and data management principles
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience with IC customer's Request for Change process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience in modeling tools (i.e. Rhapsody, Cameo or other) and Universal, Department/Ministry of Defense modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.