Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Clearance Requirement: Secret Required; TS/SCI Preferred
At Endoxa, we believe in the transformative power of well-written software and enterprise engineering solutions. As a member of our team, you ll join a group of talented technologists that thrive on weighty challenges, are experts in their field, and who care deeply about delivering meaningful results.
We are searching for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us deliver a modern scalable open-source petabyte scale clustered file system to the United States Air Force. It is a DevOps solution based on Puppet and Ansible, deployed on a cluster of Red Hat Linux servers, a clustered Enterprise Integration Patterns framework based on Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, and Apache Cellar operating in conjunction with a cluster of Wildfly Java EE 7 application servers.
We are specifically interested in talented engineers who can help us with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes.
You d be a great fit if
- BS with 8+ years of experience of IT and DevOps experience.
- 2+ years of experience with basic Linux operating system administration (CentOS/RHEL preferred).
- 2+ years of current Java 1.7/1.8 experience with a depth and breadth of knowledge to include experience with concurrency, generics, functional interfaces, lamdas, and I/O subsystems.
- 2+ years of DevOps experience, including converting applications to containers using Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm charts.
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD best practices
It d be even better if you
- Polyglot programming and scripting skills comprising of at least two of Java/Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash with prior experience utilizing these for system and task automation.
- Fundamental software engineering life-cycle experience. Analysis, design, development, debugging, deployment, automated testing.
- Experience creating and converting applications into containers.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Helm charts.
- Experience with Puppet or Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Maven, Junit, Arquillian.
- Experience with any parallel file system Gluster, Luster, Ceph or GPFS.
- Security+ or comparable DoD8570 certification.
What you will receive
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- 20 days PTO; 10 Paid Federal holidays
- 100% paid healthcare
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with matching and immediate vesting