Description Job Description:
Would you like to help architect the future of airport and border security? Work on technologies that protect lives, make the world a safer place every day, and make a difference? Are you a software architect, with deep experience in enterprise software, hardware platforms, AI/ML, and cyber security? Then read on for your dream job.
Leidos Security Detection and Automation, a world-leader in security technologies, is seeking a Director of Software Architecture. In this role, you will own the software architecture of Leidos' security sensors, enterprise software, cyber security, and detection algorithms. You will create the platforms upon which future sensors are built, drive commonality between platforms, and create customer value through enterprise applications. The successful candidate will be a visionary technical and people leader, able to create long term strategies, influence others, sell ideas, overcome challenges, and drive change.
We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Solutions Architect/Software Engineer to provide technical expertise with legacy software architectures and Cloud Migrations/Cloud-Native Service architectures. This role designs, develops, and implements an Enterprise SW architecture that software development teams will leverage to enhance legacy SW applications and move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance related to legacy SW applications and cloud implementation. Primary Responsibilities
Security Clearance Requirement
- Design, develop, and implement an overarching system SW architecture, covering both enterprise and embedded elements that software development teams can leverage to enhance legacy SW applications and move services to use native cloud capabilities.
- Provide technical expertise with both enterprise-level sw development, networking and developing systems that involve globally deployed edge sensors / equipment.
- Formulate software designs that create solutions meeting various desired outcomes (both current and future) while balancing the goals and constraints on the solutions (i.e. customer environment, cybersecurity, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), etc.).
- Work directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance.
- Provide technical leadership and support to multiple Agile development team(s) to deliver solutions with architectures that provide capability improvements, reduced maintenance costs and flexibility to adapt quickly to customer needs
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
- Negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert knowledge of software architecture and software systems engineering to design, develop, and implement an Enterprise SW architecture in a field bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training; may be recognized within the technical community as a leader in his/her field.
- Similar level of expertise working with systems that involve globally deployed edge sensors/equipment (OSI Model Layers four to seven)
- Possess experience within the software architecture and software systems engineering field that includes extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Possess experience working with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to enhancing legacy SW applications and cloud implementation.
- Possess experience in providing technical leadership and delivering an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problems.
- Possess ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Possess experience serving in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience with SecDevOps tools and implementation.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with JIRA, GitLab, Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
- Possess ability and experience to mentor, supervise, and manage team members.
- This candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree with 15+ years of experience. Years of proven experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain a clearance at the "Secret" level.
Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00