At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As an Advisor of Single-Family Acquisition Architecture, you will be responsible for leading architectural decisions for the Single-Family Acquisition domain which includes Loan Delivery & Funding Custodial Services, Commitments, Loan Quality Management and Single-Family Portfolio Cloud Migration.
You must have a deep understanding of technical architecture and have implemented solutions in a cloud environment. Knowledge of industry best practices around agile methodology and architecture microservices patterns. Plus, experience with Domain Driven Design practices. This role will report to the Vice President of Single-Family Architecture and faceoff with the Vice President of Fannie Mae's Single-Family Core Platforms.
The Advisor will also need to have experience implementing Technical/Deployment Architectures in the AWS suite of Services as well as experience with Engineering Tools and capabilities in order to solve inter-service communication, data hydration, application security, platform resiliency etc. Strong interpersonal communications skill is required.THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to business teams and partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud implementations.
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption.
- Create application architecture, data architecture, deployment architectures, functional design specifications and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customers' requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Collaborate with other project teams and other laterals such as Information Security, Compliance, Controls etc on technical solutions.
QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture, systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications programming required.
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc. in large Enterprise organizations.
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design patterns and domain driven design principles
- Proficient with REST standards and best practices and hands-on experience in developing RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in working with AWS as a solution architecture. Experienced with AWS VPC design and Implementation, Cloud formation scripts, AMI, Consolidated Billing for multiple AWS accounts
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with leveraging ECS, EKS and Fargate services
- Familiarity with AWS database services such as PostgreSQL RDS, Aurora
- Expertise in designing solution architecture with a view towards resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing Failover and Recovery strategies
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and technologies for IaC such as Terraform
- Familiarity with designing logging framework for cloud watch for all deployed apps.
- Should have designed & worked on Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker, Elastic Bean Stalk for DevOps teams.
- Good Knowledge of AWS services such as ELB, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, App Mesh
- Familiarity with maintaining ACL, Security Groups and firewall configurations.
- Should have developed sharing strategies for future scaling and performance.
- Should have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- AWS Certifications will be preferred
- Strong ability in communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to communicate ideas.
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service delivery.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion.
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC.
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere.
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment, scaling, and management.
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms.
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Experience using VMWare
- Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and Pure Storage
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in HOPEX
- Skilled in Excel
- Skilled in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- Skilled in Azure
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in XML
- Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktop
Business Portfolio Support Areas:
- Customer Relationship Management, Sale Enablement, Customer Identify and Access Management.
- Home Affordability Management Program
Technical Support Areas:
- Cloud Migration (Replatfom)
- EUC Migration (Replatform & Refactor)
- SAS migration (Replatform)
- Architecture Strategy (Target State Roadmaps, Reference Architecture and Service Decomposition)
- Architecture POCs
JOB REF ID: REF6047Z
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.