Overview Student Technology, Agile & Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T) Program
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon-s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
Program At A Glance:
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments;
- Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
- Exposure to different areas of business;
- Professional Learning Opportunities;
- Problem-solving, communications, time management, and leadership training
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and
- Understanding of BNY Mellon-s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Potential Program Locations:
- 10-week (U.S.) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon* that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- Orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum; plus
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
- US : Pittsburgh, PA * New York, NY * Jersey City, NJ
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P).
S.T.A.R.T aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our S.T.A.R.T interns may apply for, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) and full-time direct hire roles. Data Scientist Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate on a team to apply scientific method to find solutions to real business problems. Perform data analysis, feature engineering and advanced methods to prepare and develop decisions from data. Leverage simple to advanced data techniques to support the team to deliver data analytic products for the firm.
- Performs analytics in support of the identification and understanding observed business outcomes. Collaborates with others to deliver on hypothesis testing and developing the mathematics to describe the business opportunity.
- Communicates effectively with analytics staff. Develops analytics, prepares and delivers both informational and decision-seeking presentations.
- Stays abreast of organization and management changes and has in-depth knowledge of company practices relevant to data science products.
- Maintains knowledge of company's total computing environment and planned changes in order to develop meaningful data science products.
- Grow and develop skills across the 3 domain specialties: Machine Learning, Feature Engineering and Advanced Analytics capabilities. Stressing expertise in the core functional areas: Computer Programming, Math&Analytic Methodology, Distributed computing and communications of complex results.
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate (U.S.) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors
- Rising junior or senior (U.S.) graduating in Dec 2021 or May 2022
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (U.S.)
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where applying