DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is a global technology solutions company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation and support. Utilizing expertise from six unique DMI Groups, in the areas of AI & Analytics, Commerce, Experience, Managed Services, Transformation, and Government, DMI delivers intelligent digital transformation solutions that meet organizations where they are. Born digital, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for over a hundred Fortune 1000 enterprises and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI has grown to 2,000+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as market leader as well as a Top Place to Work by the Washington Post. DMInc.com | Careers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior Architect DBA to support our client in D.C.
Personnel in these positions require a diversity of skills: provides highly technical expertise and guidance in the interrelationship of the enterprise data base management system (DBMS) within the system software environment. Each DB2 for z/OS & DB2/LUW Database Systems Programmer must meet all the qualifications listed under Mandatory Core Competencies. Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
- Planning, installing, configuring and implementing DB2 for z/OS in a data sharing group in support of high availability.
- Installing, migrating, and enabling DB2 data sharing.
- Planning, configuring and implementing DB2 for continuous availability across planned or unplanned outage of any single hardware or software element.
- Planning and implementing Coupling Facility sizing information for DB2 structures necessary for sysplex operation.
- Planning and implementing group buffer pools in support of planned or unplanned outages.
- Planning, installing, testing, and implementing DB2 service level upgrade and patches.
- Planning and using the DB2 Setup wizard to install DB2 under Linux .
- Planning, configuring, and implementing DB2 SAF security to work with RACF.
- Planning and configuring DB2 to work with z/OS workload management.
- Planning and using SMP/E to install PTF and service upgrade to DB2.
- Planning and running REBIND in support of DB2 service upgrades.
- Planning and using IBM Data Studio as a complete development and testing environment for building database objects and queries.
- Planning and implementing configuration changes to enhance DB2 performance.
- Planning and implementing support for disaster recovery.
- Planning, installing, configuring, and implement DB2 Connect to enable workstation to connect to DB2 for z/OS.
- Planning and using DB2 utilities to Load data, reorganize data, unload data, recover data and copying data
- Providing technical assistance to PMO DBMS programmers.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- Five (5) years of experience in installing, implementing and maintaining IBM's DB2 database systems with DB2 Data Sharing in an IBM z/OS Parallel Sysplex operation
- One (1) year of recent experience installing, implementing, and maintaining IBM's DB2 database system in a Linux environment where Linux is a virtual guest of z/VM
- Recent demonstrated experience performing data base management functions such as loading, dumping, reorganizing, and tuning using Linux on IBM Enterprise/zEnterprise Servers
- Recent demonstrated experience performing DASD management using UDB/DB2 tools and z/VM minidisk allocations
- Recent demonstrated experience performing DBMS problem determination and resolution using DB2 facilities available with the product
None Physical Requirement(s):
No Physical requirement needed for this position. Location: D.C. Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.