Job#: 1266351 Job Description: Chief Active Directory / Systems ArchitectLocation: National Harbor (Oxon Hill, MD) hybrid onsite/remote
***All interested and qualified candidates can please send a copy of your most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex Systems is seeking a Microsoft Active Directory/Systems Architect to support one of large Federal Clients. You will join a technical operations and engineering team as the Chief Architect on a contract supporting Department of Homeland Security. The AD/Systems Architect will play a key role in Network, Systems, and Cloud solutioning for a 24/7/365 environment including designing a greenfield Active Directory. This key position will work closely with the Project Engineering Manager and the Customer to iteratively define and solution IT operation and engineering enhancements, develop concept of operations, roadmaps and facilitate enterprise IT strategy execution sessions. Perks:
What You'll Get to Do:
- Named best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of the client's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Serve as the Chief Architect responsible modernization of IT systems and solutions for a federal enterprise network. Responsibilities include:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Responsible for the design, planning, assessment, engineering, implementation, and modernization of networks and systems (Windows, Linux, Azure) for a federal government customer's distributed enterprise network environment supporting voice, data, video, and wireless services.
- Design and architect greenfield Active Directory for large organization.
- Provide detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.?
- Validate system requirements and provide recommendations to enable transition from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) network to an agency owned and managed network.
- Advise senior level customers on system architecture and optimization.
- Assist the Project Manager with developing presentations and reports; prepare and present plans and changes to Technical Review Board.
- Assist with risk management to minimize project risks.
- Contribute to documentation in the Knowledge Base, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), work instructions, and job aids.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions with operations and engineering teams on new solutions, systems, applications, and tools.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Okta experience
- Azure certification
- AWS experience
- TOGAF and/or DODAF experience
- Previous DHS or DoD experience
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry On Duty (EOD) - Active EOD preferred
- M.S. + 12 years of applicable experience or B.S. + 15 years of applicable experience
- Advanced certifications in Microsoft Active Directory and/or Server
- Extensive Active Directory and Azure design experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 architecture
- Strong knowledge of systems architecture, network architecture, and application architecture
- Ability to conduct technology assessments and market analysis
- Experience with the implementation of enterprise applications and tools
- Strong experience gathering technical and business customer requirements
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com