VariQ is looking for an individual with experience and strong relationships within the following departments and agencies; Army IT systems especially in Rock Island, IL and Aberdeen, MD. Experience working as a federal employee or contractor within these departments and agencies is highly desirable.
The Army Sector Business Development Lead owns the business sector and is responsible for identifying, shaping, and winning technically complex contracts that deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions. The Army Lead develops and owns the client relationship from a Business Development perspective and owns the business opportunity. They are responsible for building the sector pipeline which includes individual contracts as well as IDIQ/BPA contracting vehicles.
The BD Lead is responsible for ensuring that VariQ is positioned as strongly as possible for opportunities that become live RFPs. This includes teaming, customer relationship building, competition analysis, win themes, ghosting themes, Pwin analysis (win probability) and price-to-win. The BD Lead develops and manages partner relationships and is responsible for assembling the team.
The BD Lead is responsible for capture planning, strategy, competition analysis, win themes, ghosting themes, Pwin analysis (win probability), price-to-win, and key business decisions such as bid/no bid and pricing; coordinates with Proposal Manager, Contracts Manager and Program Manager to ensure that all paperwork is in place (e.g. securing Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Teaming Agreements (TA), and Letters of Consent (LOC), Sub-Task Order); coordinates with Contracts Manager, Program Manager and Security Officer to ensure that necessary arrangements are made for Transition Management upon award (e.g., hiring, clearances, badges, seats, etc.).
Participates in color reviews (Pink Team/Red Team); owns the relationships with partners and with the client Contract Officer (CO); assists in communication, coordination and delivery of the proposal. The BD Lead ensures the opportunity information is correctly logged/updated in CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) and BCOE (Business Development Center of Excellence) SharePoint site. They are responsible for building out their sector pipeline and relationships.
The Army Sector Business Development Lead reports directly to the SVP Business Development. The BD Lead will coordinate and work in close collaboration with DoD Sector, VP on the activities and responsibilities identified in this position description.
* Available: ASAP
* Location: VariQ HQ, Rockville. MD
* Security Clearance: Able to obtain a TS Clearance.
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
Additional Duties and Information:
* Manage Pipeline Targets in a pre-defined Sector
* Shape Sector Account Strategies and Plans
* Manage Relationships within Sectors
* Manage Strategic Partner Relationships
* Collaborate with Line of Business Leaders and Portfolio Managers to uncover organic growth opportunities
* Is responsible for the proposals being produced by the BD Operations Group
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
* 10+ years of experience with managing complex capture efforts for federal government
* 5+ years of experience with developing and proposing complex cybersecurity, software development or IT Infrastructure solutions.
* 5+ years of experience with Army
* Personable and engaging personality
* Ability to communicate with the end users and discuss solutions to meet their needs
* Experience writing Government proposals
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* General computer skills (e.g. MS-Office, MS-Outlook, MS-SharePoint)
* Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships with clients and partners
* Experience with the successful execution of all phases of a large, multi-year capture effort, including strategic planning, teaming, proposals, market, or competitive and price-to-win analyses
* Experience with the business development life cycle and solution selling methodologies
* Ability to communicate multi-step and interdependent activities effectively to capture teams and ensure efficient execution of captured efforts
* Experience with building an excellent team and leveraging the use of experts
* Ability to provide existing relationships within the federal government and decision-makers within IT
* Ability to provide existing relationships with large and small businesses in the federal and commercial market, including teaming contacts
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Ability to form partnerships with industry and academia
* Ability to provide technical expertise on Cyber capability development to fulfill client requirements
* BA or BS degree
* Certifications, e.g. CISSP, PMP, CSM
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Business Development