Our client, the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner for data services, is looking for top talent to join their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects. Our client wants candidates who are eager to learn and grow with them as they work to move their market monitoring applications to modern big data platforms in the cloud where up to 200 billion market events are being processed each day.
If you are a fast learner, have a sharp mathematical and technical mind and are interested in working for one of the biggest data users in the country in a fast-paced, open source environment, our client has an immediate need for a Machine Learning Engineer. Essential Job Functions:
- Review and analyze complex process, system and / or data requirements and specifications across a major program or project or several small projects or programs.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems.
- Serve as the primary designer for complex component designs for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems.
- Build, test, deploy, and document complex software components for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems as well as, help others with theirs.
- End to end accountability for features including writing unit test cases, component level test automation, monitoring, CICD pipeline
- Create software engineering strategies that help identify and mitigate risks.
- Direct internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets /exceeds our client's standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least 3-4 years of related experience, or equivalent training and/or work experience; Master's degree and past Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Object Oriented and database technologies/concepts which resulted in deployment of enterprise quality solutions.
- Past experience with developing enterprise quality solutions in an iterative or Agile environment.
- Extensive knowledge of industry leading software engineering approaches including Test Automation, Build Automation and Configuration Management frameworks.
- Java Spring hands on coding experience (3+ years)
- AWS infrastructure experience (2+ years)
- Experience with designing and developing cloud native applications (2+ years)
- Experience with building CICD pipelines in groovy, automated builds and deployments using infrastructure as code concepts (1+ years)
- Experience with instrumenting monitoring solution for a business critical application (1+ years)
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills and technologies rapidly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Preferred Skills:
- NLP experience
- Scala, Spark