Job Title: Product Manager, Enterprise Law Applications
Salary Range: MIN: $106,035.00 MID: $141,380.00 MAX: $176,725
Hay Points: 805
Dept/Div: Office of Enterprise Applications
Supervisor: Regina Murphy
Location: 2 Broadway and other locations as required
Hours of Work: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7.5 hours/day) or as required
Posting Close Date: Open until Filled In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021, we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. "Fully vaccinated" means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date.
Summary The Law Applications Product Manager
is responsible for developing and maintaining an assigned product or products of MTA applications and/or infrastructure and in essence owns the product life cycle for these products. The Product Manager is responsible for managing technical IT staff assigned to design, build, and maintain one or more application-based and/or infrastructure-based products. The Law Applications Product Manager
will lead the assigned staff in agile transformation and the digital agenda and develop roadmaps for application and/or infrastructure products assigned. This position will manage a team of technical staff responsible for defining the launch of new products and services, developing technical roadmaps for existing products and delivering product features in an agile environment. The Law Applications Product Manager
is responsible for management, staffing and supervision of the assigned products. This position also entails developing and maintaining highly effective, secure, and innovative information systems to support the MTA's goals and priorities.
There are more than 700 applications that are supported by the MTA IT Department. The majority of these are identified as products to be managed by the Enterprise Product Management unit. In addition, there are many IT infrastructure services in the network and platform areas that too are products. These products are being grouped into Product Lines and Product Lines are being collected into Product Groups.
Responsibilities Enterprise Product Planning
- Law Applications will lead a team of multi-functional technical staff planning, building, and maintaining application and/or infrastructure products.
- Law Applications will lead others, as appropriate, and when necessary, that will consist of one or more agile coaches, data analytic researchers and other digital transformation personnel.
Human Resource Management
- Law Applications will provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness; sustain culture and supporting assigned staff during organizational growth/changes.
- Law Applications will provide direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems for their assigned products, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Law Applications will attract, develop, coach and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Law Applications will build staff expertise and competence to meet evolving demands within the Enterprise Product Management unit.
Strategy & Planning
- Law Applications will demonstrate consistent understanding of funding, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Law Applications will collaborate with IT Business Management Services to identify procurement contracts to support program related activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Law Applications assesses and makes recommendations on the improvement and re-engineering within the IT Department and works with the stakeholders at keeping the total cost of ownership down.
- Law Applications Promotes the use of employee self -service and mobile connectivity within products to reduce the reliance of paper.
- Law Applications automation of the business process and creating in-line forms and approvals, reducing the reliance on manual approvals that could be untimely.
Management and Oversight
- Law Applications coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, developing business case and cost justifications for such initiatives.
- Law Applications provides direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Law Applications advises MTA IT management, as information becomes available, in the changing trends and emerging technology and their potential use within the MTA.
- Law Applications directs the development of the analysis required to determine if Information Technology projects should follow a "Build" (develop with in-house staff) or "Buy" (cloud or packaged solution) methodology.
- Law Applications manages the development and implementation of new modules within assigned products.
- Law Applications advises on the selection, prioritization, development and implementation on products as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of MTA IT applications and infrastructure.
- Participates in overall business planning bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company's goals.
- Responsible for leading and reporting on various product progress and deliverables ensuring that the IT needs of the MTA are met on time and within budget, including identifying weekly, monthly and annual performance targets to show progress on IT product work.
- Ensure continuous delivery of product services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of product performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation, training and retention of a diverse and high performing multi-level IT team professionals, conforming to budgetary objectives and Human Resources policy and programs in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives keeping customizations to a minimum and total cost of ownership down.
- Knowledge of information, mobile, Voice, Cloud and Application Development technologies, and/or Infrastructure technologies.
- Successful track record in design of software systems to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization.
- Successful track record in design and implementation of IT Infrastructure and related hardware and software technologies to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization.
- Verbal/written communications skills.
- Financial/budgeting planning and management experience a plus.
- Ability to fit in with the constant shifting needs and demands of the business.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience). Plus, a minimum 10 years of Information Technology experience with at least 4 years of progressive IT managerial or leadership experience, Minimum 10 years of hands-on Peoplesoft financials system experience strongly preferred.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $101,379 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.