UI/UX Designer - This position is 100% Remote!
Contract 6 months, may extend
Must include portfolio link in resume
Must have large scale responsive web application experience and visual design skills
Must be very well spoken and able to interact with business stakeholders on a regular basis
The UI UX Designer is a member of the User Experience team responsible for designing the presentation layer for web applications. The position reports to the Manager of User Experience within the Requirements team.
- Large scale responsive web application experience and visual design skills
- Very well spoken and able to interact with business stakeholders on a regular basis
Duties will include the following:
- Designs, develops, and supports various applications in the IT and Clinical spaces
- Works with teammates to understand business requirements and functional specifications
- Creates sitemaps, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs
- Participates in design reviews to maintain consistency across multiple applications and guarantee adherence to requirements and standards.
- Works with the QA team for defect resolution
- Works with team leads and/or project managers for planning, estimation, documentation and status reporting
- Performs any other tasks necessary for completion of project deliverables and application support
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 4 years' degree in a design related field or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in web UI/UX technologies and design
- Solid web app experience and solid visual design experience
- Experience in User Experience space (wireframing, and tools affiliated with UX)
- Portfolio that reflects size, scale and complexity of projects supported as well as displays UX and Visual Design work such as Style Guides and applying visual style to wireframes
- Visual Design Experience
- Experience working on complex Enterprise Apps or Complex Public Facing apps
- Intermediate skills in Sketch
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Extremely familiar with W3C Standards and best practices
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Adobe Creative Suite and willing to learn new applications when necessary
- Strong background creating sitemaps, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs
- Minimum 2 years' experience converting a flat design into a coded HTML documents without the use of a WYSIWIG editor
- Ability to assist in identifying and troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Good documentation skills
- Solid estimation skills
- Good background gathering requirements and writing functional specifications
- Previous experience leading and mentoring other team members as needed
- Experience working with QA team members to resolve defect issues
- Intermediate Mac OS skills
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Mobile experience is a "nice to have "
- Experience coding in CSS and HTML is a "nice to have "
- Experience working with InVision is a "nice to have " and can be trained
- Any UNIX experience is highly desired
Please reply with your current resume as a Word attachment with all contact info, including LinkedIn profile URL. A current, active LinkedIn profile that matches your resume is required!
If you are not available or interested but know of someone who may be, please share this with them and ask them to mention your name as a referral source when they contact me.
Please remember the iSpace Referral Policy! If you refer your friends and we place them in any type of position, we will pay you a referral fee. When you refer someone, your names are linked in our database. If we place them next week or 5 years from now, we will pay you a referral fee. There is no expiration date. We find our best people this way, so please assist your friends and make some money at the same time!
Linda Yeh 3105633821