Shift Wednesday – Sunday, 3pm – 11pm.
Our client, an MSP, is seeking an IT Support Specialist who will be the first point of contact for all desktop and infrastructure related computer and telephone systems, hardware, or software support. Respond to questions either in person or over the phone. Isolate trouble symptoms, diagnose problems, determine, and implements corrective action.
- Front line end user support experience
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of corporate IT requirements
- Break/fix competence with PCs and software
- Understanding of backup and recovery concepts
- Experience on modern operating systems, Windows Server, Windows 10
- Experience with VMware ESX and vCenter
- Understanding of basic networking protocols and principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of desktop imaging and standard build creation processes
- iOS/Android setup, configuration, and support
- Experience with Microsoft active directory hierarchy and tools
- Experience with VPN clients and troubleshooting
- Understanding of IPSEC VPN technology
- Elementary Networking diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Experience with office tools, primarily Office365, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Provide 1st &2nd line technical support covering all areas of company-supported computer applications and platforms in person, via phone or remotely
- Act as escalation point for other team members
- Troubleshoot and research issues as needed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Install, upgrade and support Windows OS and any other authorized applications
- Build servers and workstations using custom images or instructions as needed
- Produce "how to" guides and other documentation to aid customers and other technical support staff
- Proactively monitor IT systems to reduce system downtime
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assist in enforcing monitoring IT security policies
- Identify potential vulnerabilities and suggest resolutions
- Open tickets and follow-up with communications carriers when needed
- Perform file backup and restores as requested
- Monitor backup failures
- Resolve technical problems at the lowest possible level.
- Escalate unresolved or recurring problems as appropriate.
- Update staff on enterprise-wide problems and troubleshooting efforts.
- Follow-up on recently corrected issues.
- Candidate should be capable of moving a full-size PC from one office to another.
- This position has excellent growth potential.
Requirements & Education:
- Operating Systems knowledge
- Windows Enterprise Tools: Exchange, Active Directory, Outlook, etc.
- A+ Certification preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
- Hands-on Veeam, ARCserve, or other backup / recovery solutions are all a plus
- Experience with ConnectWise products a plus
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject a plus
- MS Certified Systems Engineer a plus
- MS Desktop Support Certification a plus