BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description
For more than 35 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward fast. Today, we provide a range of banking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around the world. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities we serve. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with difference ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology, to apply.
About this Role:
Responsible for driving the execution of one or more scrum teams, and owning the progress, quality and timely delivery from the teams along with tracking dependencies on other teams for delivery. They will be responsible to perform the Scrum Master functions including, supporting the team in their understanding of Agile, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. This role is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seeks continuous improvement and builds high performing teams.
- Fulfills the functions of an Agile Scrum Master; runs the technology operations planning and delivery process
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
- Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Leverages Jira and Confluence to elicit and define business and technical requirements, track requirements, prioritize features, curate content, sequence deliverables into sprints, and report progress
- Leads Increment and sprint planning sessions and documents resulting story boards
- Facilitates the daily scrum meeting and supports delivery teams (pods) in execution of scrum methodology
- Responsible for maintenance and tracking of sprint backlog and prioritization
- Documents and leads remediation / removal of blockers during sprints
- Collaborates with the Agile coach to maintain accountability and compliance with the defined Agile delivery methodology
- Ensures that teams actions are aligned with Epics, Features and Stories
- Responsible to Monitor, Measure, & Report Progress of the team including burndown charts, team velocity
- Ensure good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Builds and coaches high performing teams; Looks for ways to strengthen the team's understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles; Fosters a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Good problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a scrum team
- Inspire people to deliver key results, demonstrate the passion for the business
- Adapt current methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Use considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Expert knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, and familiarity with Jira and Confluence tools
- Working knowledge of banking audit and regulatory practices; ensures that projects under their responsibility are fully compliant with corporate standards
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and SVB's business
- Active listening, persuasiveness to gain buy-in, consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, constraints, etc.
- Good at building relationships and navigating through organizations;
- Able to develop and foster collaborative teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Assertive: Experience with working teams in adhering to Agile/Scrum concepts and principles and knowing when teams are not ready; must be able to be a voice of reason
- Attitude of empowerment: Must be able to guide team(s) to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and IT and build trust amongst partners
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to release train leadership
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion at the team level and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Facilitative: Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate value-add principles to scrum team(s)
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer Focus
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ yrs of experience serving as Agile Scrum Master in planning and delivering software solutions, such as online and mobile user experiences, underlying transactional systems, and integrating disparate systems
- Familiar with various software development methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), incl. processes, roles and responsibilities, entry and exit criteria, and key deliverables for each stage
- Experience organizing and executing team training, mentoring
- Knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the ROI of the solution
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to understand business and technology concepts quickly and able to facilitate those conversations
- Experience with distributed Agile teams
- Scrum of Scrums / Complex ecosystem
Preferred Education and Experience
- Past developer or testing or requirement analysis experience is highly desired (preferably in agile setup)
- Specific experience with Jira, Confluence, Kanban and similar tools and methodologies.
- An ideal candidate will also have technical experience working with various technology stacks and coaching development teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.