REMOTE - CAN SIT ANYWHERE IN US - NO 3RD PARTY CANDIDATES
Education and/or Experience
- Develops software at all layers by programming, designing and testing code to meet requirements.
- Organizes development processes around releases; facilitates meetings to ensure team members understand changes, status and expectations to accomplish software product deliverables and deadlines.
- Works closely with Business Systems Analysts to understand and clarify software requirements and translate into working software.
- Collaborates with Software Architects and Management in creating technical vision and technical architecture specification documents.
- Resolves complex issues and influences/negotiates appropriate outcomes.
- Practices good software engineering techniques and standards to reduce coding errors and ensures robustness and efficiency of work products.
- Partners with team members, technical project lead and others for the successful completion of assigned software development tasks as well as ensures component design fits in with the overall solution.
- Participates in code reviews and incorporates recommendations.
- Applies Object Oriented Design principles and design patterns in creating System level solution designs.
- Creates and maintains software design specifications documents.
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned tasks and end-to-end accountability for end-product delivery.
- Makes recommendations to IT management for the adoption of (1) new technology (2) industry's best practices, and (3) streamlining processes.
- Communicates and presents designs in group settings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adopts new techniques and technologies.
- Initiates attendance at job related training to keep skills current; maintains current understanding of the industry's best practices.
- Mentors/trains and may assign workflow to less-experienced IT staff members.
- Prior PBM or healthcare experience is helpful but not required.
- For consideration, candidates will need a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years' job related experience in the essential job functions listed.
Demonstrable skills required in the following areas:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Excellent working knowledge of JAVA and REST web services
- Experience with Microservice Architecture using Spring Cloud frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Gateway) and/or other related frameworks (LinkerD, Zuul, Eureka, Hystrix)
- Experience with Container-Microservice Architecture using Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience with web application development using Spring Frameworks (MVC, Data-JPA, Hibernate, Security, Batch)
- Experience with Activiti workflow framework
- Experience with Message Broker frameworks: Apache Kafta and/or ActiveMQ
- Experience with integrating web application's front-end with back-end REST web services
- Experience using GIT - Source Code Management tool
- Experience with Maven - Build Automation tool
- Familiarity with CI tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, CheckMarx
- Experience with Eclipse, Netbeans or IntelliJ IDE
- Experience with Object Oriented design and patterns
- Solid understanding of SDLC and prior experience working in Agile Scrum teams
Enterprise Microservices Developer Certification is highly desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.