Phoenix, AZ Description:
Enterprise Financial Services partner of The Judge Group, seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to augment their Phoenix-based team with this DIRECT-HIRE, permanent addition. **
This client is not able to provide sponsorship upon conversion at this time - This is a FULL TIME and DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Applicants will need to be eligible for outright hire without sponsorship support presently, or at any time down the line. IMPORTANT: Applicants will NOT be presented to the hiring decision maker(s) without first coordinating a preliminary qualification discussion with a Judge Delivery representative. CONTACT: Sky Donovan - to coordinate a time to connect and learn more. Position Summary:
Serve as a core member of an SRE team of engineers and architects to build observability, alerting, tracing, automation, and self-healing capabilities for mission critical high availability platform for credit and fraud risk decisioning. Day to Day:
- Building tools and frameworks for deployments, observability and alerts for distributed systems and data layer
- maintaining the highest levels of platform availability, reengineer systems and code for continuous improvement by providing 24*7 support to critical platforms and journeys.
- Implement software development practices to build observability, alerting, tracing, automation, and self-healing capabilities to maintain the highest levels of platform availability.
- Building, maintaining, and improving the software deployment platform, automated analysis, and hardware health Instrumenting for observability, defining KPIs & sharing operational insights
- Be part of high-performance team of SRE engineers and architects.
- Drive accountability for quality aspects in release, system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security and data management.
- Champion and drive cross-organizational development efforts for the optimization of application monitoring and resiliency capabilities.
- Cultivate an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing engineering and delivery processes. Implement tools, automation, and processes to ensure software is released in a streamlined and reliable manner from development to production.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and strive for improvement. Integrity, passion, high-energy, personal accountability, and a desire to lead others to excellence.
- Consistent track record of influential leadership and building high-performance self-managing, self-motivated teams.
- Collaborate with delivery teams to resolve technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Act as forward-thinking engineer and remain current on modern technology-leading trends.
IMPORTANT: Applicants will NOT be presented to the hiring decision maker(s) without first coordinating a preliminary qualification discussion with a Judge Delivery representative. CONTACT: Sky Donovan - to coordinate a time to connect and learn more. Contact:
- Blend of business and technical capability and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends, and business challenges.
- 7+ years of proven experience building and shipping large scale technical products.
- Position requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related STEM field
- Programming: Java, Python, Node, understanding of databases (Couchbase/Cassandra), Kafka, Hadoop, Redis, Oracle etc. Architecting, designing, developing, and troubleshooting systems CICD pipelines - Jenkins or other tools, GH actions
- Observability: Open Telemetry - tracing, metrics, logging, Splunk, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana; Build custom tools Cloud - container based technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, service discovery, OpenShift, AWS, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Understanding of AI/ML concepts, frameworks Networking principles, Operating Systems, understanding of load balancing at L4 and L7 - F5 LTM, GTM, DNS, infrastructure knowledge, cloud operations
- Capacity management, DR, and HA strategies Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (e.g., DevOps, CD/CI, Agile, etc.)
- Extensive experience as a leader within a Technology organization and/or in a product development company with experience developing observability and self-healing capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Experience with matrix organizations consisting of multi-functional teams and experience in driving large-scale change efforts.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com