Qualified candidates must be U.S. Citizens
Job Summary: Serve as Project Manager within the Infrastructure and Information Security groups, responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects. Provides project management oversight of Infrastructure and Information Security groups and act as a liaison with business partners and other technology groups.
Duties and Responsibilities: Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens.
- Plans and controls large scale IT project(s) where required.
- Provides project oversight for Infrastructure and Information Security projects.
- Defines project scope and objectives, and develops project estimates for assigned projects.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules and project estimates and status reports for assigned projects.
- Identifies resources and skill sets required to complete the project for assigned projects.
- Conducts project meetings with key personnel to ensure timelines and standards are adhered to.
- Assists in the hiring process as required.
- Recommends project staffing through the assignment of roles and responsibilities to identified team members for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains the project budgets (including the variable consultancy budget applied to the project) for assigned projects.
- Plans and facilitates status and project review meetings for assigned projects.
- Develops and executes program reports and updates.
- Develops and maintains project management standards, tools and procedures, which can be leveraged by all major projects.
- Ensures that overall project benefit realization tracking and risk management are accomplished.
- Participates in program presentations, post project reviews and identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitates adoption of Project Management Methodology.
- Keeps supervisor up-to-date on all assignments.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is designated IT-3 (Non-Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI).Qualified candidates must be U.S. Citizens
Total of six years of experience as follows:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years experience in administrative, technical or investigative work that demonstrated the ability and aptitudes required to perform technical, managerial or analytical work involving management information systems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EXPERIENCE FOR EDUCATION: One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree in a business/information systems discipline for 3 years of general experience.
Three years of progressively responsible experience in a majority of the following:
> IT Security and Infrastructure experience related to operations management, business definitions, system design reviews, systems deployment planning and execution, training and support.
> Project Management experience, including project planning for technology systems ideally specific to IT Security and Infrastructure , vendor negotiations, and coordination of multi-departmental activities, budget planning and tracking for multi-million dollar projects.
- Functional and/or technical experience with a global retail environment
- MS Project or similar experience
>Experience developing methodology, including documenting Standard Operating Procedures and business processes.
>Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience utilizing an accepted business process management methodology, e.g. six sigma
This position is designated IT-3 (Non-Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI).