Software Dev Engineer 3 (Java)
Riverton, Utah or Remote
12-24 month contract
The Software Development Engineer 3 is an experienced professional, full-stack engineer who works independently on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager, a project technical lead, or the team. This position utilizes solid knowledge, skills, and abilities with technology and programming languages to analyze, design, program, debug, test, modify, and write documentation
and procedures for installation and maintenance of organization technology-related products, Internet applications, or information support systems. As a member of the broader software development group, the Software Development Engineer 3 works with minimal supervision and direction and is expected to utilize their experience, full understanding of industry practices, and knowledge of Church policies and procedures to exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems of a diverse scope.
- Implement plan to support team-wide development strategy
- Contribute to and perform analysis of functional requirements
- Act as a technical lead when the technical lead is unavailable; mentor less-senior developers
- Create technical designs mapped to functional requirements
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Support requirements and design driven processes by partnering with User Experience Professionals.
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix issues
- (More of a Dev Sec Ops role, too specific, manager can add if needed) Implement measures, as designed, to comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of progressive and relevant professional experience
- Program using Java
- Ability to interpret functional requirements, create technical designs and produce an effective approach with reasonable timelines.
- Proficiently document, test, and maintain existing and new applications
- Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- Solid base of learning and some experience in all the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system that may or may not be web based
- Strong full-stack skills in engineering troubleshooting, web technology, user interfaces, and/or programming methodology
- Solid understanding of systems and subsystems
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Experience with Brightspot
- Experience with cloud technology
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com