In collaboration with the Ministry of Advanced Education (AE), the Digital Innovation Office (DIO) is working on the Digital Transformation of AE Learner services. These programs represent the full scope of post-secondary, apprentice and adult learner supports and this project will deliver a digital platform that meets the needs of users and delivers programs and services in simple-to-use accessible digital formats.
Given the central importance of this project to the recently announced Alberta 2030 strategy, this project is high-profile effort that requires immediate support from a highly capable applicant. This role will combine the technical skills of a Senior Data Architect and the broader insights of a Service Transformation Consultant (Data). Combined with the technical skills of the senior data architect requirements listed below, the ideal candidate will have led platform architecture and development teams in more than one digital transformation project, ideally in a combination of both public and private sector settings. They should have significant and senior experience in leading cloud migration, technical discovery, managing stakeholder engagement, running multiple teams and, integrally to this project, developing and leading staff training efforts.
This project will require the ability to make an immediate contribution and the successful applicant is expected to provide strategy, digital leadership, organizational design, support for a number of project teams, and provide direction and hands-on leadership to IT, policy and program delivery teams.
Description of Services
Data Architect provides architectural and technical expertise, leadership, project management and services related to data management to improve the quality, security, effectiveness and value of data and information.
Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
• Provide advice and consulting services regarding data management strategies, data architecture, and ministry data.
• Consult with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery.
• Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning.
• Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations and project team members and within shared IT services.
• Ensure change management processes are followed.
• Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction.
• Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.