Raleigh, NC Description: Our client is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer - IV
Your primary responsibility is to ensure USARC CIRT customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed security service customers this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers, and ensuring proper work flows/assigning trouble tickets to Specialists and other employees.
Security incident handling involves investigating issues to determine if there is a real security incident or a false positive, notifying customers as needed, and sending customers standardized emails specifying the steps they need to take to fix the problems. You are often the first to see an issue, or the issue may have been escalated from another team/management.
- Device and health monitoring involves troubleshooting network connectivity problems concerning managed security devices, often time working with Advanced Support Team engineers and/or vendors/partner technology teams on device replacement/reconfiguration.
- Focus on SLA attainment for your shift by ensuring ticket buckets have been "scrubbed" and that issues are followed through until completion or escalation.
- Prepare Shift turnover and Shift Report to ensure continuous smooth continuous workflows between shifts.
- Support USARC Customer Audits
- Update and Maintain process documents as needed
- Respond to security threats raised through the correlation and analysis of security events from sources such as firewalls, IDS/IPS devices, packet captures and security logs to include blocking IP addresses at the perimeter firewalls with near real-time response.
- Interpret and explain PCAP data and firewall logs
- Work with a USARC customer supporting STIG, POAM, ATO and CTO Certification and remediation plans. Assess network changes for vulnerabilities. Address Incidents/Scenarios dealing with PII, Information Spills and Stolen Assets. Address Insider Threat, Malware and Policy Violations following USARC Policy.
Roles include performing security analytics of network traffic and providing Incident Response per USAR Guidelines to the entire USAR community utilizing the following:
1. Payload analysis (packet analysis)
2. Health/alert monitoring (HM/AM)
5. Cisco ISE
7. FireEye Minimum Qualifications
Security event analysis; experience dealing with customer service requests; operating under service level agreements. Experience with ArcSight, Splunk, Cisco ASA, JunOS, Fortinet, packet capture/payload analysis. Additional vendor technology experience a plus. 3-5 years experience in a Security Operations Center. CompTia Security+ CE Certification or CCNA Security Certification REQUIRED *** Must HAVE ACTIVE DOD Secret Level Clearance prior to start date ***
Want to Impress
Active technical certifications in the Security field
College degree (two or four year)
Experience with Sourcefire, Checkpoint, Tripwire, Bluecoat Proxy
Knowledge of ITIL and/or previous work in an ISO operating environment Come be part of this incredible hands-on team!Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com