Located near downtown Raleigh, SECU is a growing financial institution committed to providing a FULL range of high-quality services for our members. We offer a challenging work environment and competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package.
Firewall Administrator - This individual will be working on a team responsible for configuring, installing, maintaining, and monitoring of firewalls. Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance of firewall polices, scheduled policy audits, logging, firmware updates, and hardware replacements.
- Evaluate/Implement firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors client access and site to site VPN solutions.
- Assists in development and implementation of security process and procedures.
- Provides reporting as to the performance of security program.
- Work in conjunction with project teams regarding security considerations as projects are defined.
- Assist with cyber security, insider threat and fraud detection for the Enterprise.
- Broad knowledge of data network concepts, protocols, practices, and procedures.
- Team player – desire to contribute to various projects.
- Outstanding problem identification/determination/solving skills
- Ability to assess business impact of issues, prioritize them and act to rectify
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and information.
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of firewall deployment and configuration, particularly Juniper, Fortigate, and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Work with management to provide remediation responses to satisfy any audit findings.
- Be a member of the Incident Response team with responsibilities including: periodically being on-call, responding to incidents by containing, eradicating and recovering from incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
- Requires experience with daily security activities such as SIEM log review, system administration, incident response, disaster recovery, security assessments, and vulnerability management.
- Be familiar with common security device functions, such as IDS/IPS, Network and Host-based firewalls, DLP (Data Leakage Protection), Web proxy, NAC, and DDOS.
Having an earned CCNA, CCSP, or GIAC certification is a plus. Four-year Degree is preferred.
No relocation assistance provided. Telecommuting not available.