Description Job Description:
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) to work in Ashburn, Virginia.
The DPM will lead a talented team in providing enterprise Security Operations Center and Cyber Security Engineering Services to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) with services that include: SOC operations, cybersecurity tool architecture design, security engineering, operations and maintenance, and compliance with government security policies.
Leidos is looking for a DPM that will support the PM with planning, coordinating, and managing the actions taken by the organization to initiate and execute a Government contract.
When the PM is not available, the DPM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The DPM must support the effective negotiation of differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, our venders, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running security operations center and security engineering organization.
The position will support the management of cost, schedule, quality and risk to ensure contract requirements are met; provide financial reports, collect and analyze project metrics; prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews. We are looking for a team-oriented leader focused on delivering and supporting the strategic goals of CBP.
The DPM must support and provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a complex and high paced operational environment. The DPM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help maintain and sustain critical systems supporting the Security Operations Center. Additionally, when the PM is not available, shall be a single point of contact for the Contracting Officer and the COR.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with CBP personnel
- Responsible for financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors and Vendors
- Serve as a main point of contact for the customer Leadership, Contracting Officer, and the COR
- Leads cross project planning for Contractor resources, scheduling, milestones and deliverables
- Identifies, assesses and resolves complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitates issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
- Ensures Contractor Back office support to properly process invoicing and Personnel Security Clearance requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (CBP BI)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related Engineering field
- 5 years Project Management experience in IT service delivery or cybersecurity services.
- ISC2 CISSP certification
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
- Experience managing programs or projects in a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or CBP environment.
- TS/SCI clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)