The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
The Ground and Communications Division is looking for a Senior RF Communications Engineer
to provide advanced RF and digital communications analyses of new capabilities on existing and future satellite communication systems. As a full-time on-site team member at the customer location, you will work closely with Government, SETA, and other FFRDC personnel. You will lead the Aerospace efforts with support from the Aerospace Engineering matrix to develop, and validate, models & simulations to analyze these new capabilities.
This position requires 100% on site work in Chantilly, VA What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Perform the analyses on advanced RF and digital communications applications to existing and future satellite communication systems.
- Lead and participate in the development of models & simulations to supply the information for government decision making.
- Direct the development to link and automate models & simulations to improve end-to-end satellite communications analyses.
- Represent Aerospace at program office and technical exchange meetings.
- Professionally prepare and review Aerospace technical reports and briefing materials in a timely manner.
- Independently interface with the Government program office representatives, SETA and other FFRDC staff, and contractor personnel.
- Position is full-time on-site at the customer location in Chantilly, VA and is not eligible for telework.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 12 years of progressivwely more responsible experience
- Experience in the development of models & simulations and the analysis of communication systems.
- Strong and recent relevant experience in RF and digital communications.
- Willing to travel domestically 5%.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Progressive technical contribution to the modeling & simulation to analyze end-to-end satellite communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage work on multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a team using the Aerospace Engineering matrix or similar engineering functional matrix organization.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and briefing government personnel across program offices, SETA and FFRDC staff, and developer contractors.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review Know Your Rights , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .