Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Product Engineer, Productivity in our Margin Resilience and Performance Team, you'll be part of our Hand Tools, Accessories and Storage business of Stanley Black & Decker. This Product Engineer is responsible for identifying opportunities that drive cost optimization of products and reduce complexity in our product portfolios while driving improved value to our end users. Candidates need to be results driven, a creative thinker, and work collaboratively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Who You Are
- Ability to analyze product data to identify and segregate product similarities within family product features and benefits
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities within product portfolios; improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet customer requirements.
- Lead teams creating new VI opportunity by conducting product teardowns, providing cost analytics, and facilitating ideation workouts.
- Analyze cost data to determine best cost scenarios and communicate effectively to drive cost reduction decisions.
- Facilitate discovery of opportunities for reduction in complexity of product offering through SKU rationalization, communization of designs and processes, and platform identification
- Develop proof of concept ideas to facilitate implementation of cost improvement ideas.
- Determine business impact (Sales, Margin, and Inventory) of SKU discontinuance and substitutions, component communization and platform design opportunities.
- Work with product teams to implement cost reduction and complexity reduction projects that deliver establish goals and objective.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- BS in Engineering or related field. Electro-Mechanical experience a plus
- 3+Years of Product Development and/or Product Engineering. Experience in a manufacturing environment or sourcing product is a plus.
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- Ability to present to influence
- Strong communication skills: both written and oral.
- Knowledge of business financial metrics
- Strong Analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of excel a plus
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.