Senior Web Developer
Full Time – WWT
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Senior Developer in the IT Application Services organization supporting Material Planning applications. These applications are currently being used by our WWT internal users around the globe. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of other Developers, Analysts, Architects and Product Owners.
Successful candidates will have a background in full stack development and will be responsible for the translation of business needs into IT solutions with current programs, projects, and initiatives in mind. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly innovative and has passion for learning both business and technical processes.
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities
- Lead major projects and complex assignments with broad and ambiguous scope
- Participate in the on-going development and support of existing applications
- Follow agile development methodology and participate in agile ceremonies along with the team.
- Participate in overall strategic technical planning and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps
- Research and adapt technical solutions based on changing business needs
- Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise, provide recommendations
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, story creation, sprint testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, demonstrations, retrospectives and solution releases.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet development guidelines
- Learn and understand WWT's business processes
- Work closely with other developers, analysts, architect, and product owner to ensure development meets requirements and delivers optimal performance to our end users; identify constraints and help mitigate risks.
- Identify and remove technical impediments from the team
- Guide, mentor, and provide good constructive feedback to team members
- Hold teams accountable to following architectural guidelines and standards
- Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS or Supply Chain
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years of broad development experience with technologies and frameworks such as (all technologies not required but experience in front-end, middle, and backend preferred):
o Java, Spring, Grails, or C#
o Vue.js preferably or React, Angular
o SQL, PL/SQL
o Oracle DB, Mongo DB
o RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools
- Enjoy teaching and sharing knowledge/experience to help grow other members of the team
- Possess mindset of picking the right tool for the job irrespective of personal technology preferences
- Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end and regression testing.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and exemplifies WWT Core Values
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment with evolving requirements
- Knowledge of Supply Chain services, strategy and processes is a plus
- Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- Ability to be innovative, have outside-the-box creativity, and present alternative ideas