Have you ever thought about what goes into getting that can of soup on the shelf at the store? What about how your favorite clothing retailer received their merchandise in store for you to buy? Or even what all takes place when you order online from a retailer and it ships to your door?
Transportation Insight is a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At Transportation Insight, our team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day. We solve challenges that help manufacturers, retailers, and distributors get their products to market in a more cost-effective and efficient manner. By joining the team at Transportation Insight you will be a part of the team that plays a vital role in making sure the business to business and business to consumer marketplace has access to the products they need, when they need them.JOB PURPOSE:
The Data Architect develops and deploys architecture, standards and processes to improve the management of information and data throughout its lifecycle across applications. The primary focus is on the foundation, including processes and procedures, for the design of business-focused solutions and data repositories that provide consistent, relevant and reliable information. The Data Architect also oversees and participates in the implementation of data architecture enhancements and projects, through all phases of the system development life cycle.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise's data and analytics strategy and platforms. Lead strategy definition, tool/platform evaluation and product decisions of data and analytics products to enable our business strategy.
- Remain current with technology trends relevant to data and analytics.
- Provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access, and use by partnering with business unit leadership.
- Foster value creation using the organization's data assets and external data ecosystem. Aid value creation through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies, and enable all forms of business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance, and enterprise information policy.
- Assess the benefits and risks of information by using tools such as business capability models to create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy.
- Enable effective data and analytics governance. Assist leadership in developing data and information governance processes and structures and operationalizing them.
- Enable enterprise information management by prioritizing and executing data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Aid in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions. Work with the security team to ensure that enterprise data and analytics assets are treated as protected assets.
- Record how data is moved around the "virtual" enterprise, including frequency of movement, source and destination of each step, transformation, and any aggregation or calculations. Recommend any opportunities for efficiencies and improvement of data quality.
- Work with the business and application designers to identify and model integrative views of data and determine the quality-of-service requirements (data currency, availability, response times, and data volumes).
- Design and define canonical data views.
- Define technical standards and guidelines while encouraging reuse of existing data stores, and addressing issues of security, timeliness, and quality. Provide guidelines for reuse of data and ensure that the architecture management processes include the assessment of all proposals to create new data stores.
- Manage related metadata to include business descriptions of the data, details of any calculations and summaries, descriptions of the sources, and indications of data quality and currency.
- Communicate the benefits of the enterprise data architecture to various stakeholders in order to focus on meeting business and IT needs while assisting developers in the use of architecture.
- Create and maintain data modeling, design and implementation standards.
- Develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.
- Coordinate with clients, data users and key stakeholders to develop and achieve long term objectives for data architecture and data quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other appropriate discipline
- 8-10 years of experience in data strategies, data analysis, database architecture and management, development or administration or Associate degree in related field and 5+ years of relevant data processing, systems analysis/design, and 2-3 years of experience developing/maintaining database objects in one of the database systems or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Knowledge and experience with the definition and design of logical data models and data structures including data and model normalization
- Knowledge of the different types of data models (conceptual through physical) and their usages and business value
- Knowledge of the data requirements and design challenges associated with delivering data for finance management, finance reporting as well corporate performance needs.
- Ability to translate business requirements into ETL technical requirements
- In-depth knowledge of all Informatica transformations, mappings, sessions, task, & workflow creation
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.