The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).NCBI
is the world’s premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health – at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases!
You will join NCBI’s teamofscientists and engineers to deliver high-quality datatotackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including,data models,business informatics, analytics.
A-TEKis currently recruitingaWeb Developer
tosupport our work with the National Library of Medicine (NLM).The role isresponsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client\u0027s specifications with a goal of creating visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.Responsibilities:
- Build powerful web applications using modern technologies such as React
- Design APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Evolve and improve existing backend systems to meet product iteration velocity while maintaining the highest-quality standards
- Manage multiple development projects by determining project scope, documenting requirements, and managing deliverables while adhering to project deadlines
- Participate in code and design reviews to identify bugs and maintain our high development standards
- Collaborate closely with other software engineers, product managers, and designers
- Programming user interfaces to support functionality of websites, applications and backend management and reporting systems.
- Developing SQL queries and stored procedures,API’sto manage data and support data extraction, data analysis, and reporting.
- Providing technical support and maintenance to production web sites and web applications.
- Working with both subject matter experts and IT staff to define and document system requirements
- Bachelor\u0027sdegree in computer science or related degreeand 4-12 years\u0027 experience(preferablyin a medical, research or scientific environment)
- Production experiencemanipulatinglarge amounts of data
- Production experience working in a distributed computing environment
- Experience with open-source projectsandcloud technologies
- Fluency in scripting languages such as BASH,csh, Perl, or Python
- Knowledge of the software developmentlife-cycle.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Strong understanding of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Ability to obtain aPublic Trust security clearance
- Experience with database design, data modeling,queriesand stored procedures.