As a virtualization engineer for the Infrastructure Engineering team, you will participate in a wide range of IT projects and systems from beginning to end including but not limited to architecture design, implementation. The role focuses on VMware based deployments in the private and public cloud. Architect and design customer solutions based on current hands-on knowledge of various operating systems as well as other infrastructure services in Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure.
- Responsible for the design, creating and maintenance for all VMware datacenters companywide hosting a multitude of business-oriented functions supporting thousands of users.
- Expert knowledge on Windows Server/desktop operating systems from 2003 to 2019 and Windows 7 to 11.
- Ability to configure, test, and use multiple storage arrays to allow for the growth of the infrastructure (Tintri/NetApp/Pure).
- Ability to evaluate multiple POC's dealing with storage, virtual desktops, and VMware management solutions.
- Familiarity with blade chassis hardware (HP c7000 and Dell m1000/MX7000) in an enterprise/secure environment.
- Must possess expert knowledge with VMware ESX/vCenter versions 6.x and 7.x. Automation skills are a must with scripting knowledge in PowerShell and Visual Basic, ability to created runbooks utilizing Ansible in the automation of Windows, Linux, and VMware.
- Understanding of networking concepts dealing with subnets, routing, vlans.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at