NAVY QUALIFIED VALIDATOR (NQV) LEVEL I (BCSS-21-0390-W):
Bowhead seeks a Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) Level I to support the upcoming Cybersecurity Information Technology contract located in Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA. This contract is tasked with cybersecurity, systems security engineering, technical, and management support services to various program offices. Specifically, this support will encompass Risk Management Framework tasks, engineering activities, and recommendations for technical support for multiple projects and programs.
The NQV I will plan, coordinate, and implement an organization's computer information security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Reviews violations of computer security procedures to eliminate violations.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct information assurance (IA) assessments based on the collection, analysis, and reporting of data in accordance with the appropriate security technology and government policy methods.
• Analyze assessments and implements an overall risk-based decision to effectively certify security controls and countermeasures and the overall security posture of Federal IT systems and programs, networks and infrastructures throughout information technology engineering lifecycles.
• Provide support for enclaves and systems to achieve an Authorization to Operate (ATO) and an Authorization to Connect (ATC) and maintain an appropriate IA posture.
• Utilize enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Xacta, or similar systems repositories for IA purposes. Assesses and mitigates technical security and operational risks specific to industrial control system enclaves and technologies.
• Identify, quantify, prioritize or rank vulnerabilities and assess potential hazards and ensure the proper documentation of risk to an Information System (IS).
• Actively work with the government validators and Project Management Offices (PMOs) to provide support and guidance throughout the program/system lifecycle.
• Responsible for periodic auditing of IA artifacts to ensure proper adherence to DoD Instruction, Navy requirements, and the NIST Special Publication 800 series standards and industry best practices. Such interaction shall enhance the quality of IA packages for the purpose of receiving an ATO from the Navy/Marine Corps Designating Approval Authority (DAA)/Naval Approving Authority (NAO), Navy Security Control Assessor (SCA), Authorizing Official (AO) or Authorizing Official Designated Representative (AODR).
• Certified Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) Level I or NQV Level I eligible is required.
• Completion of one (1) applicable discipline certification: CAP - Certified Authorization Professional, CCFP - Certified Cyber Forensics Professional, CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP Concentrations, ISSAP - Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, ISSEP - Information Systems Security Engineering Professional, ISSMP - Information Systems Security Management Professional, CSSLP - Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional, SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Security+, or other.
• Four (4+) years of experience in the support of information and information systems integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This includes providing for restoration of information systems by incorporating protection, detection, and reaction capabilities.
• Demonstrable experience with DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF)/DIACAP requirements on all applicable Business IT/Support C2 systems and programs scheduled for IA accreditation. Experience in Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) integration and validation testing to include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Support.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to apply:
#LI-KC1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)