Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers Business Insurance is looking for a 2VP of Architecture to lead data and information architecture within the BI Data & Analytics Value Stream. The responsibilities for this position are both broad in scope and strategic in focus requiring an innovative and influential senior architecture leader. The incumbent will have direct responsibility for managing the BI information architecture domain while driving the future architectural direction for information, data and analytics while ensuring alignment with our business strategy as well as our enterprise technology strategies.
This senior leadership position will report directly to the BI Chief Architect acting as a key leader within the Analytics VS leadership team working closely with the business and technology leadership team to pave our path to the future. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in modern, agile architecture patterns, practices and methods. In addition, the individual will have deep technology experience in Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics and Data Management/Ops technologies. The candidate will build and maintain relationships with senior business and technology leaders across travelers in addition to easily interact and provide guidance to Data Engineers, Developers and Architects. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Deep experience in strategic data & analytics architectures and technologies such Data Lake Patterns/technologies, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with modern cloud computing patterns, practices, methods and architectures.
- Implementation experience with Cloud compute platforms AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform and technologies such as Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, EKS and OpenShift.
- Candidate must be able to apply a broad range of architecture and leadership skills, rather than having deep strength in any one architecture discipline.
- Leadership and managerial experience to manage, coach and mentor team of senior architects; Responsible for developing architecture talent and competency.
- Constantly developing knowledge of new and emerging technologies while assessing value to the organization;
- Skilled at presenting and communicating complex information to senior leaders, peers as well as developers, engineers and architects across travelers.
- Ability to navigate large organization, build and maintain influential relationships; Ability to drive alignment and decision making across team and organization boundaries.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 8 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 5 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 10 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 8 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
- WEB Technologies:
- Development platforms (.NET, J2EE, COM, COBOL, CICS, IM)
- User and B2B Interfaces
- Web Service design
- Application Integration
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, ETL, RDBMS
- Middleware technologies
- Document Composition and Forms technologies
- Document, Imaging and Web Content Management
- Print technology support
- Transaction design (OLTP, Batch, etc.)
- Component Based Design
- Operating Systems
- Office/Productivity Suites
- ERP Systems
- Performance Engineering
- Networks, Telephony
- Technical Knowledge:
- Expertise in understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned projects.
- Understanding of staff roles and abilities, and provides input regarding their development needs.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
- Sees the big picture, and is fully aware of technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Bases decisions on an accurate understanding of the situation.
- Keeps apprised of industry trends and applies this knowledge to business strategy.
- Effectively assesses the long-term and short-term implications of decisions on the department, corporation and group.
- Team Orientation:
- Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence Senior Leadership through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results.
- The success of the team is above own interest.
- Manages cross-functional objectives and/or priorities supporting assigned business area(s).
- Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for decision making.
- Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives.
- Sets level of risk taking, and gathers/synthesizes information to all appropriate levels of the organization.
- Commitment to Quality Result:
- Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all services are meeting the stated business objectives on a timely basis with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost.
- Keeps all areas informed of developments affecting their function. Influences, communicates and collaborates.
- Effective at documentation and presentation.
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology, from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Supports all planning and budgeting/estimating done on a project
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.