You will be working in a global engineering team responsible for building enterprise engineering services. In this role you will be designing, developing, collaborating and mentoring junior developers to
build software frameworks and microsevices to leading applications and systems across BNYMellon and will be exposed to broad range of projects.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
• Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments, as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
• Recommend and implement new technologies and architectures to ensure applications remain current and robust.
• Identify opportunities to move towards Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration.
• Ensure solutions are architected with a focus on security, stability, scalability, and resiliency, leveraging engineering principles such as microservices, cloud, containerization, and reliability
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• Full stack developer
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Java/JEE,
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Spring Framework and/or Spring Boot or Angular.
• Experience in building Microservices.
• Experience in creating and integrating RESTful Web services.
• 10+ database experience in Oracle or MongoDB or equivalent
• High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code
• Experience with Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design and Principle
• Experience with test frameworks: JUnit, Mockito
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Agile software development principles, practice and process experience
• Experience in use of GIT, maven and gradle
• Extensive experience in building enterprise software using Java and Spring Framework
• Experience in designing and developing Java software framework
• Self-driven, acts with an extreme sense of urgency and passionate about delivering
• Strong written and verbal communication skills,
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.