Technical Business Analyst:
Contract: Long Term
Location: Newark, NJ
Will be responsible for analyzing systems, products, developing business cases supported by data and assumptions, creating top-quality presentations to deliver findings, and framing strategic considerations to drive decision making. Strong communication skills are essential across a range of audiences: the candidate will be capable of presenting to Senior Leadership and Board level audiences as well as working with junior and mid-level positions in all parts of the company. Candidate must excel at data visualization, developing business cases, working independently as well as in teams, and adapting to change goals/milestones.
- Scope of responsibilities include but not limited to: eliciting business requirements, business & functional analysis, identifying approach recommendation, defining solutions for business/regulatory/compliance needs, defining test cases to support testing, documenting and providing overall support to the initiatives from requirements to post-implementation phases
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications. Familiar with various requirements methodologies, documentation standards.
- Delivering and supporting the implementation of projects
- Analyze situations, make recommendations for improvement, and assist in the implementation of changes that drive process improvement.
- Analyze the impact of business decisions on existing applications
- Analyze and identify possible risks and issues that could impact delivery and either resolve them or escalate as appropriate
- Support and test new design and functionality of existing applications.
- Create business process flow diagrams and high-level functional designs to support technology solution
- Experience using Microsoft Office, SQL Oracle, and a Report Writing tool.
- Partner with stakeholders across various cross-functional groups on both mandatory and discretionary initiatives to ensure controls are sufficiently designed, documented, and evidenced to satisfy business, compliance, and regulatory objectives
- Support all change management activities to ensure compliance with new regulatory, compliance or business requirements
- Provide support to the project manager to track remediation & prepare presentations to support senior management reporting
- Schedule, coordinate & lead appropriate meetings to facilitate communication between project stakeholders & technology teams
- Support operations by creating and executing reports on a periodic basis.
- 2-5 years as an analyst or similar role
- Strong analytical background
- Strong technical writing skills
- Working with data, drawing inferences, making assumptions
- Framing quantitative and qualitative considerations to drive decisions
- Creating and delivering top-quality presentations in support of analysis
- Data visualization
- Business plan development and strategic planning
- Strong communication skills
- Has ability to work independently, multi-task & think strategically
- Must be an excellent team player with a willingness to go over and beyond the day to day responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills and probes multiple resources for answer
- Good data analysis skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word document