Java Application Engineer - Enterprise API Platforms - ITmPowered
The Java Application Engineer will have solid Java middle tier backend engineering experience and willdevelop next gen cloud-based enterprise API platform for communications, messaging, notifications, chatbot services. Develop, integrate, and enable API's, Web Services, Twilio, SendGrid, SMS, Chat bots, azure chat services. Java Spring platform engineering, highly scalable, middle tier, back-end engineering API's, Web Services, REST/SOAP, Rest endpoints, SQL/NoSQL Databases, as well as full stack Angular/React frameworks. This is a CI/CD DevOps environment. Agile/Scrum/SAFe methodology. Leverage Confluence, Jira, GitHub.
• Develop, enable, and integrate API's, Web Services, Twilio, SendGrid, SMS, Chat bots, azure chat services.
• Migration of existing enterprise API / Web Services platform to Cloud.
• Develop API's, REST Web Services, end points for secure use and consumption by thousands of applications.
• Take existing SOA platform to the Cloud
• Spearhead API solutions related to new integrations, messaging API, and end to end system validations
• Work with numerous development teams understand their API, Web Service needs and help them to utilize the communication, notification, messaging API platform.
• Provide Notification/Chat service guidance to internal development team and external platform clients
• Connect to their backend databases and enable communication / notification API platform to deliver SMS/Test, chat, voice, email notification services.
• Responsible for discovery of communication, notification, and messaging API needs enterprise wide.
• Design and prototypes for communication and notification platform.
• Develop API Web Service platform solutions integrating Twilio API, SendGrid API, Azure Chat services.
• Enable data integration with numerous Database backend - SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB
• Working with Platform leads demo API Communications Notification Platform capabilities for enterprise consumption and adoption.
• Serve as platform SME for communication and notification API services, data, and workflows.
• 3-5+ years Java Development - Java 1.5-1.8+, OOP/AOP, JEE/J2EE, JSP, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JUnit
• Spring expertise (Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Security, IOC, MVC, Spring Data JPA, AOP)
• Proven Web Service API Design, development, tuning; REST, SOAP, HTTPS, End points, XML Parsers, WSDL, XSD, Axis2, Apache CXF, JMS, Apache Camel.
• Experience with Database integration, Hibernate 3.x, JDBC, Camel, ORM
• Database experience: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQ Server, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or DB Visualizer.
• Experience in an Agile CI/CD environment - GitHub, Jira, Confluence
• Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of experience.
• Twilio Studio / Twilio VoiceAPI
• SendGrid API or similar email API experience
• Chatbots, Bot Composer, Azure Chat Services
• Azure Platform
• Experience with Python 3, Groovy, Shell Scripting, HTML, AJAX
• Work Remote AND
• MUST live within any of these state - Colorado, California, Washington, Oregon, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland. (no Relocation provided)
• COVID-19 Vaccine Required - Must be fully vaccinated OR provide valid medical or religious exemption.
• Must be able to successfully pass a 12-panel drug screen, 10-year background check, employment verification.
• You will need to be a current or valid holder. No need for visa now or in future.
• W2 only - No sub vendors. Sponsorship NOT available.
• Must have direct contact information on resume (phone / email) to be considered.