This is role is for a hands-on Software Development Lead / Application Architect, who will work with the latest technologies in the marketplace to drive transformation and modernization efforts across select development teams. This person will work closely with development and infrastructure teams to solve complex solution challenges and ensure applications are scalable and sustainable for the future. They will work closely with leadership on setting modernization objectives and will guide and mentor development team members. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence. They will have the ability to work across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Hands-on consultant role, working with business units and development teams on cloud enablement efforts.
2. Create and peer review solution designs, system documentation, and deployment/operational support models.
3. Willing and able to learn new technologies.
4. High organizational skills.
5. Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
7. Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
8. Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
9. Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence.
10. MS Office skills especially Word and PowerPoint.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-10 years of professional work experience
• Experience in the complete SDLC cycle including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
• Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage solution requirements.
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• 8+ years' experience developing in Java (full-stack)
• Experience in public/private cloud environments (PCF, ECS, MongoDB experience a plus)
• Experience in automation/continuous integration (Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
• Experience with messaging queues (RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka preferred)
• Experience with concurrent versioning software (Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub)
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact