The purpose of the Project Manager role is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, monitoring execution, and delivery of large / medium sized scope and budget projects. They partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects typically impact a single business unit or functional area. The Sr. Project Manager is expected to work under moderate supervision with oversight provided Project Management Office.
Basic Qualifications for consideration
1. Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
2. Provide a complete view of the overall project to all stakeholders
3. Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to set expectations and ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.);
4. Define project governance outlining roles and responsibilities and decision rights
5. Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes. Ensure Adherence to the clients Project Management Methodology.
6. Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project.
7. Ability to lead multiple, concurrent projects.
8. Proactively communicate the projects progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions.
9. Maintain project artifacts throughout the life of the project. Support all related project tracking methods and systems to ensure accurate project information is available and is reported on time.
10. Lead project team in brainstorming, root cause analysis, or similar problem solving techniques to assist in resolving issues, architecting solutions, or defining process improvements.
11. Performs other duties as required
Type of work experience required:
5+ years of professional experience as a Project Manager or equivalent position responsible for defining and managing project scope, timelines, profitability, and effective delivery of solutions
At least 1 year experience working with a PPM tool such as HP PPM, Clarity, or Planview
Proficient with Project Management tools such as MS Project
Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle
Experience in driving medium - large size projects within an organization
Masters Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field
ITIL, Lean, or Six Sigma
Experience managing IT projects including data center migrations, conversion and application migration projects.
Financial industry experience and/or manufacturing
Experience managing application development and infrastructure projects
Strong communicator - able to identify and clearly communicate the impact of project risks to budget, timeline and scope to relatively non-technical co-workers and key business stakeholders with excellent presentation skills
Ability to direct internal and external resources and build strong relationships
Solution oriented mindset - creative use of technology and alternative approaches. No is not in your vocabulary
Strong attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables
Able to work with teams to balance solution vs. budget, schedule, and tools
Appreciation of high quality visual design, marketing strategy, business strategy, and user experience disciplines
Cool under pressure, able to manage many details and priorities
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
Professional demeanor and comfortable working with C-level executives
PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent required