6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive's Manheim and Nextgear Solutions Group has a team of technical and solution architects responsible for nurturing an architecture that improves the quality, simplicity, and time-to-market of its software products. The Technical Architecture Practice Lead is a member of the architecture leadership team for the Manheim and Nextgear Solution Group, working across all of the related Delivery Streams and Release Trains to drive development of technical expertise, quality, and consistency across the technical architecture practice.
This role will be fully remote initially, ultimately will need to be near a major Cox Auto location (Atlanta, Indianapolis, Phoenix)
The Technical Architecture Practice Lead is a hands-on technologist who combines deep technical chops with organizational influence and collaboration skills to ensure that our products' technical architecture is sound and its practices are best-in-class.
Reporting to the AVP of Architecture for the Solution Group, the Technical Architecture Practice Lead is a part of the broader COX AUTO-wide architecture practice, and participates in developing prescriptive patterns, standards, and target-state architectures for the enterprise.
The Technical Architecture Practice Lead will play a strategic leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generation architecture and engineering capabilities, including but not limited to the following key responsibilities.
- Cloud Architecture - advise teams on technical direction, ensuring consistency with the COX AUTO standards to cloud architecture, and conducting architecture reviews across Manheim in the spirit of the AWS Well-Architected Framework Review. Deliver templates in the form of both documents and Cloudformation/Terraform artifacts that are aligned with Manheim's resiliency targets.
- Systems Architecture - proactively engage with teams on questions of technical architectural direction, sharing subject matter expertise on preferred architectural patterns and re-usable approaches from across the COX AUTO enterprise. Learns about and drives the dissemination of reusable patterns across teams, both within Manheim and across COX AUTO. Eliminate redundancy of functionality by delivering roadmaps that drive convergence across Manheim systems.
- Developing Architectural Guidelines and Design Principles - collaborate with other architecture leaders in creating a set of common production-readiness standards and design principles to be applied across Manheim, working closely with representatives from Security, Production Engineering, and our architecture teams.
- Monitoring the Industry / Technical Landscape - ensure that our architectural direction is consistent with current, accepted practices in our industry and within COX AUTO. Communicate new technology and practices to our teams via design reviews, training sessions, and a Tech Radar. Submit abstracts and be prepared to present at appropriate industry conferences.
- Talent Development and Mentoring - collaborate with other leaders in the architecture practice to grow our architects and other lead technologists. This includes supporting performance review and growth planning processes across the architecture practice and providing / directing mentoring relationships within the practice.
- Cross-COX AUTO Collaboration - collaborate with leaders from Architecture, Security, and Production Engineering teams across COX AUTO to contribute to a wider set of patterns and practices that support our teams in building quality, production-ready, maintainable solutions.
- Training - develop and deliver training sessions on a wide range of architectural topics for leaders, architects, and team members. Training development plan should be based on an understanding of COX AUTO's architectural priorities and the teams' maturity level and developmental needs.
- Architectural Advocacy - act as a thought leader to advocate for the approaches that will lead to success for the Manheim organization, working with executive and leaders to gain buy-in and alignment. This includes supporting Delivery Stream Architects by engaging with Delivery Streams and making the case for architectural investment.
- Twelve plus years of working experience as a practicing architect and / or lead engineer or Equivalent Combination of Education and work experience
- Proven ability to work autonomously to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment
- Passion for technology with a proven ability to stay up-to-speed on current trends in enterprise-scale cloud development
- Working experience in technology delivery, especially in Internet environments
- Working experience with relevant AWS / cloud technologies
- Working experience as a Lead Architect on large-scale software implementations
- Working experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
- Working experience with relevant database technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.