Requisition Number: 75494
Insight is currently seeking a Desktop Support resource who can respond to all inbound service requests for PC Infrastructure support. Primary responsibilities will be to support, upgrade, install and troubleshoot desktops, notebooks, printers and other hardware devices within a structured IT enterprise environment. The Desktop Support resource requires the ability to operate with minimum guidance from Management, and can report site service activities as needed. *This is a part-time position - M-W-F 8-5PM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct on site repairs for internal customers in a Windows environment
- General understanding of DHCP, DNS, and WINS
- Be able to resolve hardware issues, hard drive, ports, cables issues
- Provide imaging\ghost backup\restore
- Understand enterprise antivirus software, provide updates and virus removal.
- Experience with SLA's and service call tracking systems eg: Remedy, Track-IT or ServiceNow.
- Be able to determine if warranty repair will be needed on desktops and laptops
- Strong support and resolution experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10, Outlook and Microsoft Office issues
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity including wireless access points
- Ability to work with vendors to troubleshoot and repair in a smart-hands role
- At least 3 years of desktop support experience in corporate environment.
- Builds strong relationships with end users by projecting a positive attitude, showing sincere concern, providing helpful support and making the end user feel important.
- Timely incident completion
- Qualified candidates will have experience with hardware and software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, and printers), refresh, upgrade and deployment projects as well as excellent customer service skills in a corporate environment.
A+, MCSE, MCP certifications are a plus
Occasional travel required (less than 15%)
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com .
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Austin || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Austin, TX ||Nearest Major Market:
Austin Job Segment:
Technical Support, Developer, Network, Cloud, Part Time, Technology