At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. The Payload and Ground Systems
organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems
pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP)
is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Administrator or Principal System Administrator
based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado.What You'll get to Do:
- Perform as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system engineers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
This position can be staffed at a level 2 or 3 based on the basic qualifications below.Basic Qualifications:
- Level 2: Bachelor's degree and 3 years, 1 years with a master's or of related experience or 7 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Level 3: Bachelor's degree and 6 years, 4 years with a master's or of related experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Current Security + CE certification.
- Primary Systems Administration experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux platforms and Server management.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs. Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
What We Can Offer You:
- Bachelor's degree
- Systems Administration experience with various Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Red Hat Linux and/or MS Windows Operating System certification for current versions.
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:Health PlanSavings PlanPaid Time OffEducation AssistanceTraining and DevelopmentFlexible Work Arrangements https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx " Salary Range:
$68,100 USD - $102,100 USD Salary Range 2:
$83,800 USD - $125,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.