The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity
is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity
, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:Organizational Overview
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc. Job Description:
The Manager will lead a team of US-based fund accountants who act as daily points of contact for our hedge fund clients. In addition, remotely manage a team of overseas-based fund accountants who have responsibility for daily P&L, weekly and monthly NAV's, and financial statements
- Provide coaching, training, and leadership as necessary to the fund accounting team
- Act as a subject matter expert for any escalated P&L and NAV issues
- Act as escalation point and problem solver for the team, ensuring action plans are implemented in case of any service issues
- Contributing to internal project initiatives regarding new product development, testing, and implementation
- Established and drive strong relationships with clients and maintain regular client contact to ensure that satisfaction levels are high
- Develop culture of continuous efficiency improvements resulting in increased capacity
- Day-to-day interaction with other departments and counterparts to prevent/ resolve issues
- Overview of MIS to monitor breaks and perform root cause analysis
- Drive enhancement projects for technology and operational processes
- Partner with the sales team to market the firms fund accounting capabilities to prospective clients as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in related area a strong plus
- CPA a strong plus
- 10+ years of Hedge Fund, Private Equity or Mutual Fund experience either in-house within the fund, external as an administrator, or in an audit capacity, with a strong accounting background .
- Knowledge of partnership accounting, private equity experience a strong plus
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Solid prior experience with various products including equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, Mortgages and options
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Solid knowledge of corporate actions
- Solid hands on supervisory experience and the proven ability to manage a cross- location team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Solid project management skills
Coral Gables Florida
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at for assistance.