Kforce's client, a high financial firm located in Miami, FL is seeking a Software Engineer/Data Engineer - C&F Platforms.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop and manage innovative technologies that are changing the Alternative Asset Management industry. You will design, build, deploy, test, and support functionality across a variety of stacks and platforms. Through partnering with business stakeholders, you'll drive business value while also producing great code. Internal applications are built using a highly scalable microservice architecture that is deployed via containers to our cloud hosted Kubernetes environments. Key technologies in this framework include: OpenAPI, Kafka, Terraform, Docker, AWS, .NET Core in C#, Python, Snowflake and Tableau. You are not required to know all the technical skills listed.
* Drive the modernization of one or more company application platforms, using cutting edge technology
* Build, maintain and integrate web applications and micro-services, on a variety of platforms
* Use modern software development methodologies and tools like JIRA to manage and deliver projects
* Follow scalable architectural practices to build fault tolerant distributed systems
* Leverage Kafka for messaging
* Write automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
* Develop software defined infrastructure
* Design data models and persist data to MySQL and Snowflake (or similar cloud database)
* Automate deployments in coordination with Platform and DevOps engineers
* Identify opportunities to automate away repetitive tasks
* Lead technical design and code reviews to drive projects towards the best results
* Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices
* Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
* Self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
* Strong object-oriented programming experience in any language
* Possess SQL Server or other database technology
* An ability to drive your projects from inception to completion
* Willingness to teach, coach, and mentor others
* An ability to produce high quality code and solicit feedback
* Willingness to take a position and share views freely in a constructive and solution-based manner
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.