Staff Data Architect (Job Number:
2109100 ) What You Will Be Doing:
As a Staff Data Architect, you will be tasked with understanding the business goals across multiple enterprise programs and developing a strategy to support a successful implementation. This strategy should capitalize on technology insights to improve the value of analytical data, improve effectiveness of information stewardship, and streamline the flow of data in the organization. You will define technology roadmaps for the maintenance and modernization of existing systems and development of new integrations and systems. You will play a vital role in the integration efforts for merging Data Engineering & Analytics platforms with enterprise systems and applications. You will be viewed as a thought leader in the data space and tasked with mentoring and growing talent and delivery capabilities.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Penske Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead teams through the data engineering lifecycle (design, develop, test, release, and support) based on detailed requirements
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technology trends, defining a roadmap and building consensus with Senior IT Leadership
- Help drive innovation by staying current with rapidly developing Data Engineering landscape and share knowledge
- Define and maintain data engineering strategy & roadmap, build consensus with Senior IT Leadership
- Meet with Senior & Mid-Level Management to align business process initiatives and strategies with current and planned Penske Data Engineering & Analytics Architecture
- Lead the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions, and design patterns)
- Evaluate Data Engineering & Analytics Tools/Techniques/Approaches as well as 3rd party packages and determine impact on strategic objectives and manage overall implementation
- Articulate architectural difference between solution methods and the advantages/disadvantages of each
- Collaborate with product owners and facilitate working sessions to acquire and understand requirements / acceptance criteria and translate into technical requirements
- Recommend conceptual designs and architecture, producing deliverables for multiple medium to large complex projects on time and under budget
- Play a leadership role in building data security and data governance guidelines
- Develop training curriculum to keep team members up to date on techniques, processes & technology.
- Provide constructive input and development opportunities for team members to department management
- Conduct new hire interviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 14 years of overall technology experience required
- 12 years of Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Master Data Management, Reference Data Management, Data Lineage, Data Governance and Meta Data Management experience required
- 7 years of experience in defining Data & Analytics architecture implementing multiple large technology projects required
- Expertise with relational SQL and NoSQL databases required
- 5 years of experience working with Agile teams preferred
- Experience with tools such as Kafka, ERWIN, ER Studio, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Talend, and BODS
- Expertise in designing, validating, and implementing multiple projects across the hybrid infrastructure (On-cloud to On-Premise and vice versa)
- Experience in seamless integration of enterprise data models with data models of packaged solutions (e.g. Oracle Apps, Workday, SAP, Service Now)
- Experience in message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
- Strong analytic skills related to working with complex datasets
- Expert knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them
- Ability to consistently develop knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Able to communicate highly technical concepts in clear/concise manner to non-technical individuals
- Experience prioritizing technology needs within set budget requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609 Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Tampa Job
: Information Technology Penske (Oracle) Job Name:
: PTL.Staff Data Architect Req ID: