Cloud Network and Security Architect - DCS Cloud Network & SecurityLocation
: Open to all US locations.Job Overview:
Deloitte's Cloud Center of Excellence team build world class technology solutions in support of the business, member firms and our clients' cloud network security strategies. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help drive industry leading best practices within the network security space and provide governance over firewall, load balancers and remote access infrastructure in a large-scale environment. Lead design and development of cutting-edge infrastructure and automation while driving partnerships with our security, cloud engineering, and application development teams. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Cloud Network and Security Architect your role will include:Responsibilities:
- Architect public cloud networks and security. Experience with Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform required.
- Help design and implement network security strategy including cloud enablement and establishing next generation firewall features and capabilities
- Understand and engineer cloud network architecture (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network and security (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Maintain, deploy, upgrade and troubleshoot network security infrastructure solutions including firewalls, load balancers, client VPN and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Collaborate with Security and Infrastructure teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of security appliances, applications and infrastructure services
- Assist with on-call escalation as needed.
- Influence standards and platforms for future application development.
- Mentor team members in the understanding and deployment of cloud networking and security solutions
- Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
- Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform certifications required
- Minimum 4 years work experience architecting public cloud networks and security; Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell, Cloud Formation Templates and automating security processes or configuration in a public cloud
- Experience or aptitude with software defined networking (SDN)
- Experience with automation through object-oriented programming and scripting
- In-depth knowledge of cloud native tools and services
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of networking and security engineering, as well as technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience with deploying network virtual appliances in a public cloud space
- In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including but not limited to firewalls (Palo Alto, Check-Point), F5 load balancers, unified threat management, IPS, etc.
- Google Cloud Platform expertise preferred
- Must be a to support Fed engagements in the public cloud.