Jun 9, 2021A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary
As a DBA, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrating and monitoring enterprise class database technologies. Candidate should be proficient with SQL Server in a highly transactional environment and experience in AWS and PowerShell is highly desired. The DBA should possess strong technical, administration and potential leadership qualities to plan, design, develop, document, and implement strategies for the database administration of new and existing enterprise scale applications. These qualities should be used effectively to work with developers, architects, engineers, system administrators and analysts to resolve complex system issues as well as communicating the results to upper management. These communication skills should also be used to effectively manage the internal and external expectations from customers.
Experience working with monitoring tools across multiple database servers. The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining database administration and support plans, release management strategies that ensure database development is within the prescribed best practices for all assigned software systems. These responsibilities must be met while ensuring compliance with system specifications. The candidate must maintain a high degree of process, and documentation on all software releases to support existing development efforts as well as the maintenance of deployed solutions.Job Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Support performance tuning and verify availability and integrity of system backups
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Must be available for remote call-out support and to perform remote system maintenance when needed after normal business hours
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Perform database administration maintenance activities while maintaining high database system availability and reliability for business applications
- Implement approved database configuration changes
- Perform data restoration and recover activities as needed
- Assist with addressing database vulnerability issues
- Assist with database account management, access and security
- Expertise in administration of SQL Server versions 2012 and above in a replication and Always On Availability environment
- Expertise in Performance Tuning
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in PowerShell
- Expertise in tuning highly transactional OLTP as well as large Data warehouse implementations
- Experience in using performance monitoring tools built in SQL Server as well as tools like Zabbix, Foglight, Dynatrace, Splunk etc., to analyze and isolate issues, and work with Development teams to resolve them
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems
Apply to Compass Group today!Click here to Learn More about the Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Experience with administration of at least one of these databases: DB2, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, DocumentDB
- Excellent oral and written communications and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field
- 7+ years of DBA experience
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)