Apex Systems is working with one of our enterprise- level healthcare clients to hire an IT Auditor with at least one year of experience. This position is located in Birmingham, AL. If you are interested in this fulltime opportunity please send your resume to Advanced IT Auditor -
This position assists with various functions within the Internal Audit Department which include: Leading, overseeing and conducting the complex IT audits in accordance with client and industry audit standards. Ensuring audit standards are in compliance with IT standards. Overseeing and evaluating changes in procedures and/or controls to verify their effectiveness. Ensuring audit consistency with corporate objectives by providing new procedures and/or changes of audit standards to all involved. Performing enterprise IT risk management assessments. Assisting other Internal Auditors in completing IT components of audits and completing computer assisted audit techniques. Identifying and documenting IT functional requirements including specific description of IT functions, work flow processes, input and output descriptions, procedural flows, data elements, performance criteria, and security and control requirements. Providing technical expertise in determining effective security controls Participating as a team member in meetings and discussion groups on major projects related to the development and improvement of products and procedures. Providing status reports to Internal Audit management on the progress of audits and key issues raised during audit testing. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Internal Audit examines and evaluates the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of the organization's activities.
This department assists management and the Board of Directors in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with analyses, appraisals, recommendations, counsel, and information concerning activities and by promoting effective control at reasonable cost. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS or other related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience directly related to IT operational audit or consulting.
- Interpersonal skills to work with technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Experience working independently or as a team member to resolve problems without direct supervision.
- Experience communicating effectively orally and in writing to document projects in a concise and thorough manner.
- Presentation skills.
- Technical skills/programming aptitude in order to learn programming software.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects with various priorities.
- IT auditing skills or hands on administrative experience in at least one of the following areas: system development and testing; UNIX; Windows; DB2, SQL; cyber security including network/web application firewall, and other network devices.
- Experience with data analysis software (eg, ACL, Cognos, Tableau, SQL, Excel, Access) preferred.
- Familiarity with the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 18 and Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2 reporting preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification preferred.
- Comfortable managing various projects in a fast paced environment preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or