**We are also open to this role sitting in Palo Alto, or Austin!**
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) offers a suite of cloud-based services that helps publishers around the world build, optimize, and grow thriving digital businesses. We provide solutions, infrastructure, and advanced advertising technologies to streaming TV, audio, web and mobile app publishers, including many of Comscore's global top 100, to help them monetize their ad-supported content. APS exclusively supports header bidding which allows publishers to simultaneously request bids for multiple ad spots and increase yield. Our header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for their audiences. APS develops solutions to solve technical challenges on behalf of our customers including advanced TV, audio, mobile and web SDKs, highly-scalable distributed web services, big data analytics as well as user interface web portals which are all built on Amazon Web Services (AWS). At APS, we start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do.
APS helps publishers easily access third-party ad tech services and quality demand from advertisers, including premium third-party brands and advertisers as well as demand from Amazon's brands. APS works with Amazon DSP and other third-party buyers to bring advertisers and sellers closer together. Amazon DSP is Amazon's programmatic advertising product for campaigns spanning Video, Audio and Display across Amazon properties (e.g., Amazon.com, IMDb TV, Twitch, Fire TV, and Amazon Music) and tens of thousands of third-party websites and apps that are integrated with APS. APS constantly innovates and builds solutions for our customers.
APS Mobile team is responsible for building advertising technology products and services that empower mobile app developers globally, to easily build and grow thriving businesses through maximizing revenue, improving user experience, and gaining deeper insights into their audience. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
We're looking for an engineer who gets excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of our organization whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come make the internet better with us.
- Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions optimizes for a healthier publisher ecosystem.
- You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
- You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
- You are a key influencer in team strategy.
- You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
- Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
- You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- MS or Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience with advertising technologies like Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
- Knowledge of ad tech entities like DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Publishers, and Advertisers
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience with agile software development
- A passion for mentorship
- Self-directed, flexible, goal-oriented and strong sense of ownership
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.