Our client is seeking an experienced IT Portfolio Manager for a Direct Hire role in New York, NY (10017). This role will lead the IT Transformational group, supporting full project lifecycle for a infrastructure large portfolio, with a focus on leading program and project level reviews, optimizing and maintaining project standards, proactively identifying improvement, analytical reporting, and training staff. This role requires a motivated and well-organized candidate that is comfortable challenging the status quo and navigating new territories without an established map. The candidate should possess strong leadership, creative problem solving, thoughtful analysis, and ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Lead the team to drive demand management in collaboration with key suppliers and internal IT teams.
- Ensure regional delivery and deployment for various infrastructure implementation projects through the (pool of) project management resource in the region.
- Own regional refresh & transformation governance and reporting cycle
- Ensure team follows ways of working and best practices and standards
- Support the regional Services Management team by driving the Operational service management cycle with key suppliers and drive continuous improvement
- Support the regional Service Management team with stakeholder management across the region
- Support the development and implementation of service delivery procedures and best practices in line with the IT methods and standards.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Service Delivery.
- Strong project management skills.
- Completer / finisher mentality - has a strong track record of delivery, has attention to detail, is organised and demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Good leadership and people skills
- BA/BS degree required; Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
Please note: This position is not open to 3rd party c2c agencies. No visa sponsorship provided. All applicants must have permanent US work authorization and not require sponsorship now -or- in the future. Locals/ daily commuting distance only please; no remote or relocation.