The Technical Services Support Specialist is responsible for diagnosing and solving customer issues in a timely and courteous manner. The incumbent may work independently or with other team members to resolve operating system, database, and other technical issues related to Tyler applications.Location
Troy, Michigan | Tempe, Arizona | Lakewood, Colorado | Billings, MontanaResponsibilities
The Technical Services Support Specialist should be able to:
- Become a trusted client resource by building rapport and providing service that consistently demonstrates strong product knowledge and work ethic along with respect for the client.
- Manage and prioritize multiple and often conflicting tasks in order of priority.
- Evaluate the severity of an issue and determine if management intervention is necessary to address a serious problem in a timely manner.
- Provide first tier support for Tyler products in the various systems management environments related to the Incode application software and legacy applications, installed on UNIX/Windows Operating Systems, using IBM Informix/Microsoft SQL/Oracle Databases.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with a wide range of clients, both internal and external, from technical to non-technical and from management to clerical. Focus on providing accurate answers in a pleasant manner.
- Adapt to changing product and environments.
- Demonstrate full product knowledge and eliminate knowledge gaps in legacy, current and future products and services by means of self-study, supplemented by formal education.
- Provide seamless integration to department and company resources to reinforce single point of contact and total incident ownership, including those outside direct area of responsibility
- Provide systems management (operating system, database administration, server, and workstation support) troubleshooting and consultation technical support to clients and fellow employees. Primary areas of support include:
- Remote support of client's mission critical financial server(s)
- Operating system administration for Windows, UNIX/Linux, or Web servers
- Network & local printing
- Point of sale hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Tyler program release and third party software upgrades
- Database administration (Microsoft SQL or IBM Informix)
- Resolves client inquiries and issues in a timely manner; communicates closure effectively through email and phone communications.
- Document and record all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
- Identify and meet service measurements and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with other teams, departments and divisions with issues pertaining to Tyler software applications.
- May contribute to company knowledge library.
- May conduct training for end-users.
- Follow documented Tyler Technologies policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations, including web servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC configurations and connectivity issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude
Salary will generally fall between $45,279 - $50,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.