Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.Lead Software Engineer - DAS Tax
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovationWork you'll do
Subject matter expert who provides technical direction and end to end delivery of projects to address business needs. Analyzes emerging technologies and influences direction of project solutions. Possesses in-depth knowledge and enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Coordinates application development activities and directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Participates in quality improvement activities for the development organization. Ensures project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and adhere to the application standards.Responsibilities
- Hands on involvement in the development and configuration of projects. Enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for the software development life cycle.
- Analyzes emerging technologies, working with architecture teams to recommend technology decisions and direction of project solutions.
- Works closely with product team members to fully understand business requirements and create clear functional specifications outlining the client requirements.
- Monitors progress and status of tasks and deliverables on projects and escalate issues and risks timely. Leads the delivery, implementation, and improvement of all applicable channel processes, methodologies, and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provides on-going support to business and content teams on strategic technology platform, quality assurance and issue resolution.
- Involved in helping development team members.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte has revolutionized software and application delivery, creating a model that's scalable, cost-effective, and demonstrates a progressive and responsive talent structure. As Deloitte's primary internal development team, the application studios deliver innovative digital solutions to businesses, service lines, and industries with validated bottom-line results.
The 570+ applications in Deloitte's enterprise application portfolio are created to solve highly complex business problems and lead in practitioner productivity in an increasingly mobile, interconnected, and rapidly evolving landscape. From true enterprise apps enhancing daily productivity to business-enabling systems, ITS Deloitte Application Studios teams enable Deloitte professionals-across business lines-to serve clients with distinction.QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 4 at least years of application development and support experience in designing software solutions for business use cases. Knowledge of software development life cycle, project management & product management.
- Proficiency in software development lifecycle methodologies like Agile, SAFe, Microsoft technical stack, Office 365 and architecture and software design for enterprise solutions using UML, 4+1, etc., Integration experience with firm and Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure like Azure AD, etc.,
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Prior experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Oracle etc.,
- Prior experience with cloud based technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)